Monday, March 24, 2014

Clean Eating Chocolate Protein Muffins


I am participating in a challenge called #100happydays on instagram and facebook. I think we all have an issue of not being grateful for what we have and look so much at the negative and with this yucky weather, I have fallen into this trap of negativity. So to start off the challenge, I am doing something I love to do, play with healthy recipes. I adapted this recipe from Toneitup.com (go check them out for awesome recipes and workouts). If you are on the 21 Day Fix, I would count this as a yellow container. Let me know if you try the recipe and what you add to it to make it your own :) 

Chocolate Protein Muffins (serving size is 1 muffin, makes 12)
-1 cups of protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition Gold 100% whey Vanilla)
-1 banana ripe
-2 tbsp melted coconut oil
-2 tbsp of 100% cocoa powder
-3 tbsp of chocolate chips (I used Hersheys special dark chocolate)
-1/2 cup of egg whites (or about 4 egg whites)
-3 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place mixed batter in cupcake tins and bake for 10-15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment