Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Quick and Easy Clean Eating Snacks


Happy National Nutrition Month!!! I had a request to give some ideas for quick, easy and clean snacks. I am constantly on the go and when I can stay put, I am busy (nursing school, clinicals, being a wife, cleaning jobs, being a health/fitness coach etc). I needed ideas that I could eat fast and did not take much prep time. FINALLY I came up for a list of foods that worked in my lifestyle and were still very yummy and filling. I divided them up between morning snacks and after noon snacks just because I like to have some things in the morning because of how your body uses them for energy versus the afternoon.

Morning Snacks
-Fruit with nut butter! I like to have mine before 3pm so that I use that sugar during my workouts and it doesn't store as fat later. BUT if I have a crazy sweet tooth, I will have some berries at night.
-Shakeology (oo I can't leave it off the list!). It is super quick, easy and very filling plus it will aid in your weightloss efforts and give you energy! In the morning, I mix it with fruit, spinach and water or just coffee.
-Nature Valley Crunch Bars. I like these when I do not have time to prep. They have minimal ingredients and all natural.
-Greek Yogurt with some fruit and stevia. Good source of protein that will keep you full and going until lunch
-Homemade Protein Bars. I will post the recipes this week as well

Afternoon Snacks
-Veggies and hummus! I love LOVE LOVE hummus these days. My favorite is Tribe Forty Spice. Just the right amount of kick and goes well with cucumbers and red bell peppers.
-Shakeology!!! Yes you can have it any time of day! In the afternoon I mix it with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and peanut butter or just almond milk.
-Greek Yogurt with a little agave.
-Almonds. Good source of fat that will help you feel full and give you good energy
-Nature Valley Protein Bar. Again they are fast, easy and quick to grab if I need something in a hurry out the door
-Kind Bars. They are also all natural and delicious. Try and avoid the ones high in sugar though
-Air Popped Pop Corn. stay away from the microwave kind since they have alot of unknown chemicals in them

If you have any quick and easy snack ideas, please comment below. If you are interested in Shakeology and its benefits, see my post on it or message me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment