Friday, February 14, 2014

The Healthiest Meal of the Day: Shakeology VS other "shakes" and "meal replacements"


When I started my weight loss and health journey, I thought that I need to drink my calories because food calories were "evil". I was so lost and took advice from TV commercials and never looked at an ingredient list or what I was actually consuming. You see all the time on commercials to try SlimFast or fast options to lose weight. But have you ever looked at the ingredients of some of those shakes? Half of the stuff you cannot even pronounce! I don't want to put that in my body on a daily basis! Our bodies aren't meant to have that in our systems because it doesn't know how to properly digest it, so it stores it as fat. (Kind of the opposite effect of what you are trying to do right?) I decided to take a look at some of the products out there and compare it to Shakeology, a CLEAN and HEALTHY meal or snack replacer. I use Shakeology on a daily basis because it has 70 all natural ingredients, have 23 vitamins and minerals, helps me reach my veggie servings for the day and keeps me full, energized and helathy! I also know that it is good for my body, just not for weight loss (even though it has helped me tremendously with my weightloss journey). I will talk more about Shakeology in a little bit.


So lets just compare the nutritional facts a minute.
 Alot of people see calories, carbs, fat and protein and stop there! NOO!!! LOOK AT THE INGREDIENTS!! Yes, Shakeology has more calories than they average shake out there but guess what? They are all good calories. Not all calories are created equally! Calories from fruit, veggies, lean protein and complex carbs (things that are included in Shakeology) are not the same as artificial, fake and processed calories (what is found in the other shakes below).

Shakeology (chocolate)Vi ShakesSlim FastHerbaLife
Calories1509022090
Carbs17g7g42g13g
Protein18g12g10g 9g
Fat1g1g3g1g
Fiber3g5g5g3g
Sodium100mg75mg600mg95mg
Sugar9g<1g35g9g
Cholesterol15mg15mg5mg0mg

What Ingredients are in These Shakes

Again, if you just look at the stats, it looks like there are options with less calories, but you need to be concerned with WHAT is in those shakes. Below is pics of the ingredient list for each of the shakes listed above. Take a close look because only ONE has all natural ingredients in it.
Shakeology, All Natural Ingredients


Slim Fast, additives, artificial and added fillers
Herbalife, Additives, artificial and added fillers
Vi Shakes, additives, artificial and added fillers

Shakeology: Why I (and you should too) choose it over the other Brands out there

To start, it is all NATURAL! Look at the ingredients, they are all natural, healthy ingredients. Shakeology is going to aid in your weightloss, curb your appetite and cravings, help your digestive system and boost your energy. How??


What to try before you buy a 30 day supply? You can get a sample pack at this link to try the different flavors and experience it first hand. You will not regret it.
https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=529284&Cat=Shakeology|ALL

Ready to buy your 30 day supply Risk Free! Click the link below
https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=78723&Cat=Shakeology|ALL

If you have any questions about Shakeology, your weightloss journey or anything, please feel free to contact me :)

Have a happy, healthy day (And Happy Valentine's Day <3)
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment